We’ve got you covered for your Family Staycation! Here are some fun ideas to keep you and your family having fun, feeling normal and not going stir crazy.
Enjoy your outdoors – if you have a backyard, spend as much time as you can when the weather is nice. Here are some fun ideas:
- Enjoy your Hot Tub! – Don’t have one? Come down and check out our stock, we’ll get you hooked up!
- Firepit Fridays or Wednesdays or Mondays – Enjoy a fire outdoors and some great conversation!
- Do a Scavenger Hunt – have kids search for colors, leaves, footprints or trash!
- Get Garden Ready – you can’t plant quite yet but you can prep your garden, plan what you want to plant and be ready by Mother’s Day to plant!
- Bury a time capsule – put in pictures, news clippings, write a story or keep a diary for a couple weeks, print off articles and pop them in the capsule. Make a treasure map so you can remember where it’s at in 5, 10 or 20 years!
Enjoy your indoors
- Do some of that much needed spring cleaning (after all it is Spring now!)
- Binge watch Tidying Up with Marie Kondo and then go through your house to see what sparks joy!
- Get a Libby Account with your library card, you can download books that you can read or listen to.
- Play Card Games – Uno, Speed, Crazy Eights, Old Maid and Go Fish are some of our favorites!
- Watch “old” movies – We’re talking “Back to the Future”, “Lethal Weapon”, “Ace Ventura”, and “Police Academy”
- Bake and Cook together – try new recipes if you can, bake and decorate cookies, learn how to make fresh bread!
- Order Take Out and have a Picnic – Most restaurants are still open for carry out or delivery, support your local businesses!
- Write a Letter to a loved one, friend, military personnel or an elderly person who is stuck inside right now!
Most of all, stay safe and healthy!